Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Walking to work

For the first time since we've been here, I walked to work at Bethel. It was a gorgeous day, and Somer had the car at Café Forever. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the housing estate from our house, and another 10 to walk accross the estate to our center. Half-way across the estate, I saw a couple that I knew. They had been to a Christianity Explored course with us a couple months ago. Since then, they have started going to two different churches - going to each one every other Sunday. The woman asked me how I was doing, and whether I had converted anyone recently. Being the good Reformed Evangelical that I am (despite what the Theological Worldview test says) I said "Well, I don't really convert anyone, do I? That's more God's business than mine." The man responded "Well, you converted me, didn't you?" I was a bit surprised..."Sorry?" I said. "Yeah, you guys converted me." At this point in the conversation, we came to the fork in the road - they went their way off to the market, I went on to the center. I have no idea if this guy is seriously converted or not...but like I said before, that's more God's business than mine.
I was just glad I had to walk to work today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another example of a divine appointment. How exciting!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Nice. That is a very cool story, maybe a newsletter one? Jerry

Dan Passerelli said...

Yeah, I ended up putting it in the newsletter, actually. I hope it doesn't exploit the situation or the story - but I suppose you can't cheapen a story by telling it too much - otherwise the gospel would be worth less than a penny.

chaps said...

It is a treat to see some of the fruit of the Spirit's work through the people we pray for! neat!