Friday, June 17, 2005

Sermons

Been doing lots of sermon writing and preaching this week. Wednesday was the afternoon service at Bethel. I preached on Ezekiel 47 - you can get the PDF copy by clicking here . The talk went really well. I really enjoyed it, people appreciated my poorly-drawn map of the Middle East, and I think people were encouraged to seek life in Jesus.
Tonight I finished writing my sermon for Sunday at City of Peace. Again, get a PDF copy by clicking here . I'm excited about this one because I've preached on the parrallel passage before for my sermon delivery class at seminary and I've incorporated several of the suggestions my professor made. But I also totally re-wrote the thing from scratch, rather than use the old sermon. I've found that reusing material is pretty tough, and second-time-around messages haven't gone well for me. Please feel free to comment - I will check the comments before Sunday afternoon and try to incorporate feedback from you all.

No comments: