Monday, May 16, 2005

Pentecost Sermon

Full text of my sermon on Pentecost can be downloaded as a PDF by clicking here. I thought we were doing a family service, where the children stay in, so I had prepared some things for the children to contribute to our listening to the Bible...but alas, I was wrong. I had also prepared a video loop of violent wind sounds accompanied by a flame that continues to multiply...but alas, I forgot the video output converter cable. So it was just me talking...I think it went o.k. Of all the sermons I've done, this one felt most like a lecture, which I'm not really comfortable with. Henk - the guy who helps run City of Peace (the church where I preached) - was encouraging about it, though.
We had dinner with Henk and Elmarie after the service, and it was a really good time. They think about life, ministry, culture, and church in much the same way we do. Also, Somer got inspired to maybe work at Cafe Forever in the kitchen a couple mornings a week to get some food-prep and cafe experience.

No comments: