Friday, May 27, 2005

Bank Holiday Weekend

It's another bank holiday weekend here in the UK. Lots of plans for the weekend. Saturday morning Julian and I are playing soccer with others from LCM. We invited some of the guys from the Hub to come with us, and Julian was going to try to call them again tonight - hopefully one or two of them will join us. Then on Monday we're planning to head down to Southend (about an hour east of here on the coast). The Southend Airshow is supposed to be really good. Donna and Tina from moms and tots are going to be there, and we're planning to meet up with them. Hopefully getting to spend a little quality time with them and their "partners". (Partner is the generic term here for the person you're in a romantic relationship with - used for husbands, boyfriends, etc.)
Other than that, Somer and I are having a lazy Friday evening. It's hot here today - in the 80s for the first time all year. The sun is already staying up until close to 10pm, so it's really hard to go to sleep before 11. I'm rambling, and my battery is dying...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a long weekend here too because of Memorial Day on Monday. I worked in the yard today trimming the bushes around the a/c and it was in the 80s. It's cool this evening though. I hope you have a good weekend. I love reading your blog.
Carol