Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year

There, I've said it - Happy New Year! I'm not all that keen on celebrating the new year holiday. I'm not against it, I just always feel a bit like a detached observer during the countdown to midnight. I feel like there's this promise held out that the new year will feel different, and then the clock passes 12:00...and nothing.
But, I suppose there's something good about taking stock of what's happened in the past year, and where we're heading in the next.
From where I stand now, 2005 is covered in a thick fog. Visibility: 12 days ahead. I know that for the next 12 days, we have to pack all our stuff and store it at a friend's house, say good-bye to family and friends, and then get on a plane for London. After that, everything's shrouded in mist. I'm really not sure what to expect, or even what life will look like starting on the 13th.
So here we go, walking with Jesus into the mist.

No comments: