Saturday, January 29, 2005

Birthday Celebration

So, this is our first big family event since moving to London, and it's all about ME! Tomorrow I turn 26...some would say that's almost 30. We're having a whole weekend of celebration:
Today I played soccer with some other guys from LCM. It was a blast - very muddy. i'll try to remember to post a picture of all of us at half-time (that's right, half-time during a pick-up game. We had a time keeper and everything. the brits know how to do their football).
then it was off for a shower at tom & ashley's house. tom & ashley are some americans working with LCM, we knew them before we came over, and they've been great friends to us since we've arrived. we went to dinner with them to celebrate my big day. we had dinner at "Ask" - an italian restaurant on the Thames. it was cheap (by london standards - still way more than I'd want to pay in the states) and very good food. our appetizer of grilled goat cheese inspired Somer to try it at home.
tomorrow we're going to church at Ley Street Chapel (where I work on Thursdays) and then taking the train to go to Ikea. We're going lamp shopping (something I wouldn't normally get excited about, but I'm really looking forward to it) and will probably grab a bite to eat at the restaurant at Ikea.
then it's home to do a video chat with my parents. hopefully we can find some good cheese and a cheap but drinkable bottle of wine in our travels tomorrow, because that will be the best way to finish off the weekend.

No comments: