Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Thirst for Life

So I've decided to give up alcohol for Lent. Ben, one of the Bartenders at 55, asked me if I'd be willing to do it with him. It's part of this campaign called Thirst for Life, which aims to raise awareness of the problems of binge drinking in the UK. Because it's so unusual for a bartender to give up drinking (and ask one of his customers to do it too!), Ben has been asked to do a weekly update for the BBC about the experience. So starting next week, it'll be fruit smoothies and milkshakes for me at 55 until Easter.

3 comments:

chaps said...

cool dan. cool connection with 55.
giving it up for nine months ('cept in Italy!) and pretty much the last three wasn't always fun.

Anonymous said...

that is seriously the coolest thing ever dan.

Rebecca said...

Love this. See, you don't need me around THAT badly! :) haha

Shoot, I hope you're on the BBC!