Saturday, February 24, 2007

The People of the Abyss

Russell, one of the regulars down at Fifty-Five, dropped off a couple books for me to read yesterday. He's really into historical sociologies of London. One book he's currently reading is a history of crime in the city. Anyway, he lent me two books: The People of the Abyss by Jack London, and East End, which is a 400 year history of London.
I'm especially intersted in the Jack London book - Russell says it'll be a good intro for me, since it's coming from the perspective of an American investigating London. I'll have to add them to the "reading list" on the sidebar, since it's already out of date, but I'm lazy and that takes more work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those sound like fascinating reads. the "abyss" title is kinda cool too. :)