Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Starter Packs

As some of you have probably heard, I'm helping coordinate starter packs for a local night shelter. The packs help people who move out of the shelter and into permanent housing by giving them the basic household items they need to make a good start in their new home.
So far we have items for about 3 packs, and I'm picking up more items in the next few days: a guy who's leaving the country and clearing out his house, a reject kitchen store is giving us two shelves of plates and mugs, and the Salvation Army recently closed a charity shop and has a few things to donate.

2 comments:

oscar said...

Hi Dan,

Can you email me at info@oscar.org.uk ? I have an offer for you! This sounds like a scam but I can assure you it isn't.

Mike Frith, Director, OSCAR.

Rebecca said...

By the way, I think this is a brilliant idea.