Thursday, January 11, 2007

Updates

Thanks for the comments, Matt & Tim. The sermon at Freedom House went well. I spoke on John the Baptist, which is what they are focusing on this month. My favorite part was that John's message of baptism of repentance lays everyone low. He prepared the way for the coming of Jesus the king by putting everyone on the same level - religious, non-religious - everyone had to acknowledge their failings. And that repentance is made possible because forgiveness is freely offered. Jesus' came to make God's forgiveness a reality for all people, and John prepares the way by getting people ready to receive that forgiveness. So that was the heart of the message.

On another front, I've told the cold weather shelter guys that I'd be willing to help (along with the rest of my team) with coordinating starter packs for people who move off the streets into housing. I'm waiting for them to get back to me with details...but it looks like we could start working on it sometime next week. Will keep you posted.

No comments: