Sunday, September 17, 2006

Welcome to the Jungle, Baby

We received a note in our mailbox on Friday from one of our neighbors. It had a cryptic message about rock stars and a party on Saturday night. From what I gathered, the building was invited to a "fancy dress" party (that's a costume party) with a "dress like a rock star" theme.
Well, in one of those moments that we look back on and wonder what we were thinking, I decided to go as Slash from Guns-n-Roses. [update: my friend Oli said I had to put this second image up...thanks man]

I'm not saying I pulled it off well, but it was fun just the same. There were several Ozzy Osbournes and a Gene Simmons. I had a great time, especially when people asked me what I do and I told them I am helping start Jesus-centered communities. I guess I don't look like a typical vicar. I wonder what kind of church Slash would feel welcome in.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol that's great!! you certainly jumped right in, right away. awesomeness. :)

Anonymous said...

Dan...Laughridge here...maybe a potential future WHM missionary with you folks...currently a busy father with three kids & an awesome wife...been praying for you and your family. We are excited for you guys to be in London. JH told me about your flat...it's awesome to see God answer prayer! We are praying fervently for you guys and pray that the adjustment would go "smoothly"...We hope to meet you guys someday! You pulled off Slash well...SPL

Anonymous said...

I thought you made a great Slash.

Anonymous said...

The second pic makes this blog entry perfect!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! ;)

Man I miss you guys. Praying praying praying! I'm still hanging on to your "last" words to me: "We'll see you in a few months when God supplies!" :)

Paul Klaw said...

Hey Dan,

Close friends and colleagues in Camden, Tom and Mary Ann put me onto your blog. You won me over by going to the bash as Slash! Thanks for the creativity and enthousiasm in what you do.

Merci… Paul
http://gbimeurope.blogspot.com/