Saturday, September 02, 2006

Saying Goodbye

We left Philadelphia for Baltimore on Wednesday - it was sad to say goodbye to our friends we've been living with since we returned to the States in January. Monday we leave for the UK, so this weekend we're seeing family and saying goodbye. I don't think I'm very good at saying goodbye. It's kind of how I feel about saying "thank you" - I want what I say to be genuine, and not the sappy cliches you get in movies. Problem is that in the moment, I can only think of the cliches, you know? I guess there's more to leaving well than words, though.
Monday is also Somer's birthday, and since we'll be spending the day traveling I'm working on a creative way to make her birthday special. Well, I'm actually not working on it yet, 'cuz I don't have any ideas. Any help out there?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little notes (special verses, fun recipes, special memories, etc.) and/or tiny presents that she can unwrap every hour while on the plane

Anonymous said...

ask the captain to make a special announcement about her b-day, that would be funny.

Anonymous said...

Mile high club? :) Just kidding. Airlines do cakes sometimes.

Anonymous said...

so. . . what did you end up doing? :)