Thursday, September 28, 2006

Tour of Camden

Last week I met a Canadian actor who's been living in Camden for the past couple of years. He knows lots of people in the area, and has a good sense of what's happening. Today we met up for a couple hours and he took me around and showed me some of his favorite places. He introduced me to a friend of his who runs an internet cafe with a gaming room. Not only can you rent a computer for internet use, for £1/hr you can also rent time on an Xbox! How great is that? He said it hasn't really taken off yet...hmmm...maybe I'll have to give him some business.
Yesterday, my friend was an extra in a scene for the sequal to
28 Days Later - and they liked him so much they gave him a minor speaking part. Click here for Google's satelite hybrid map of Camden Town. Mostly we walked south down Camden High Street, which was great, because I've spent most of my time exploring the area north of there.

No comments: