Thursday, August 04, 2005

Many visitors

Have come and gone this past week. Monday we said goodbye to Rian - a good friend and reminder of home. At the same time, Rebecca arrived from Ireland. She's been doing an 8-month apprenticeship in Ireland with WHM. After meeting her at the train station, my car wouldn't start, so we had to walk home. Yesterday (Wednesday) two more apprentices arrived from Ireland - Chrissy and Jennifer. It's fun to meet them face-to-face, because they were some of the last people I helped recruit in my former role at the mission - though I never met them in person. Somer's sister Amber also arrived yesterday. So there are now 8 of us in our tiny house, and we're loving it.

As for other stuff happening: I took the car to Ichthus to have it fixed yesterday, and I'm picking it up tomorrow - it needed a new alternator and exhaust. The younger Hub has been open all this week during the day - we're having the guys do some graffiti, and tomorrow we're watching Prince of Egypt (don't ask - the guys are really excited about it, I don't understand).

No comments: