Sunday, July 10, 2005

Family Unity

It's been six months since we arrived here in London. I was remarking to Somer earlier today that I feel like our family has become very close. One of the great benefits of not knowing many people in the city is that we do most everything together - just the four of us. I feel like I know the girls better than I ever have (this may also be a result of them growing up). The things we look forward to are things we have planned to do together - family movie night, an afternoon in the park, preaching at city of peace, moms & tots, coffee morning, etc.
Those adventure movies that take a group of disparate people and force them into situations where they have to either get along or die are ringing true for us right now. Not that we hated each other before we got here, but there's something about being on this adventure together that has brought us closer. Probably the church could learn something from this.

4 comments:

chaps said...

I think other readers of your blogs would agree with me when I say that your writings have indicated a closer unity and that I am not surprised to hear you reporting this! I love seeing the family movie night blogs!

Anonymous said...

I agree with chaps...I've noticed a change as well. Somer's talents are blossoming, even though they were aparent before you left the states. And you seem to be more closely connected with Somer and the girls. This year has already been great for your family's growth.
~GS

Kristine said...

This resonates with me. My husband and I have been in a similar situation where life's circumstances have required a greater emphasis on family. Although we never planned it, I think it has been such blessing - one we never would have anticipated. I enjoy reading about your family. The love that is shared among your family is very evident in your blog entries.

Anonymous said...

What a rich blessing from your year away. God is indeed building a unique strength into your family unit. Love you,
Mom