Friday, May 04, 2007

The Greatest Gift

Yes, we know the greatest gift is the one you give, not the one you get...but this one that I received ranks right up there.
My parents got me a subscription to Jeroboam's Cheese Club for my birthday back in January. The latest installment of God's gift to our taste buds arrived on Thursday. A Blue, a Gruyere, and two soft goats cheeses. Two of them are made from unpasteurized milk, a delight that you my American readers may not have tasted, since all cheese sold in the US must be made with pasteurized milk.
My neighbor Paul is a big wine buff with a large cellar of Reds, so we'll be getting together sometime this weekend to share the delights of vineyard and dairy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're enjoying the cheese. Somer gets all the credit for the idea. Thanks, Somer.
Love,
Mom

Rebecca said...

I am so "stinkin'" jealous right now...just fyi. Mmm, wine and cheese...mmm...

:)

Unknown said...

vineyard and dairy... :)

i love cheese too and i am also jealous!