Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Heard on the streets of Camden:

"I gave my life over. Did it about thirty minutes ago."

"To Jesus?"

"Yeah, to Jesus."

I just got home from buying a couple books (see the sidebar for my new reads). On the walk home, I ran into a guy who I haven't seen in quite a while. Last time I saw him was when I preached at Freedom House. He said he had just come from a friend's house, and about thirty minutes ago had decided to take the plunge and follow Jesus!
We chatted for a bit about how hard it's going to be to tell his friends. I prayed for him, and he asked me how it was going with keeping the house clean (I had shared in my sermon that one of the things I need forgiveness for is telling Somer I'll clean up and then not doing it).

And I thought nothing interesting was going to happen today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! We never know what God will do in a particular day. Enjoy your holiday.

Rebecca said...

Wow. So COOL!

Anonymous said...

cool update. Midnight's Children is one of my favorite all time reads. Enjoy!