Friday, May 26, 2006

Learning the faith

I received an e-mail today from friends who want to give to support our ministry in London. Part of the reason they were drawn to support us is that they have two young children around the ages of our girls, and they like the idea of being connected to people that their children also have a connection with. I love this!
As I've said before here, I want my children to learn the faith by practicing it alongside us. Here's an example of another family putting the same concept into practice. Their kids will grow up knowing that they have a connection to some other kids on the other side of the world whose family is trying to follow Jesus and tell people about him in their own neighborhood, just like their family is. My kids will be blessed because they'll grow up with friends who pray for them because supporting and praying for our family is important to their family.
Thanks guys - you've been an encouragement to my faith today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for His faithfulness by speaking to the hearts of His people. Can't wait to see you all on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Going on the World Harvest retreat to Greece had sort of the same effect on me as you say your friends hope supporting you will have on their kids. It was pretty awesome meeting kids who live on the other side of the world because their parents are serving Jesus and hopefully I was somehow a blessing to them...