Monday, May 29, 2006

Final Piece

My last glassblowing class was two weeks ago (a make-up from one I missed during our visit to Arkansas). I actually made two pieces - this is the only one that survived. My first drinking glass of the night fell to the floor and broke into several large pieces as we attempted to transfer it from the blowpipe to the punty.
But, this was worth it! It's about twice the size of the other drinking glass I made - holds a full pint-and-a-half. The bubbles are part of the glass, and though not intentional, I like the way they look.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like sweet tea to me. Mmmm! John

Anonymous said...

I'm supremely jealous that you got to take glassblowing classes! The bubbles do look cool...

Dan Passerelli said...

Thanks Amy. I took the class at Hot Soup Glass Studio in Center City. I think they've got a few introductory classes in June.

Anonymous said...

What a great glass!!I like the bubbles as well.