Sunday, December 12, 2004

Party in Baltimore

heading to London on 2-months notice means we have to raise a whole lot of money in a small amount of time. it's way too much for us to raise unless God shows up in a huge way.
however, one of the exciting implications for me is that i am forced to contact lots of people to see if God wants to provide some of our need through them. so we've been getting to connect to people we wouldn't ordinarily see. This past saturday we had a party at mom and dad's house in b'more. about 25 people there - some of whom have known me my whole life, and prayed consistently for me over the past 26 years. it's humbling and encouraging and energizing to experience the love of God's family in that way.
thanks to all who were there.
we found out about a few more gifts this weekend, and need only $328/mo in new pledges of support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan -

Great news about the support! Sorry I could not attend on Sat. Lauren really enjoyed the time she spent with you and Somer. I have been encouraged by your postings and insights. Thank you!

Phil