Monday, September 15, 2008

Harrison's Rocks

I went to Harrison's Rocks in Sussex yesterday afternoon with my friend Dave. It's a popular climbing destination, and our first trip out of London for some 'real' outdoor climbing. The rocks are Sandstone, which makes for messy holds and slippery shoes, so not the best experience from a pure climbing standpoint. BUT, the weather was absolutely perfect, and it was great to get out of the city. We said "The Climber's Prayer" that I had written (i.e. stolen from the psalms) and then hiked about a half-mile into the woods to get to the rocks. I could have stopped without even climbing, the scenery was so beautiful. But the climbing was fun too. Some pictures:

Dave setting up our top rope on our first climb

Me and Dave (squinting into the sun - yes, it is sunny sometimes here in England)

Me jumping a small chasm to get down after a bit of bouldering

Dave flying above me

1 comment:

miss_dibly said...

wow! man in action! love the shots!