Sunday, June 22, 2008

Euro 2008

We've been keeping up on the Euro 2008 football tournament, but to be honest, there isn't much local interest. The English were put out at the qualifying stage back in the winter, which left us only with the Austrians to root for (one of our close friends is from Vienna). Sadly, the Austrians were unable to overcome Germany in their final group match, which has us clutching at straws to find connections to a team. Turkey has provided some very exciting matches - two unthinkable come from behind victories.
Anyway, tonight we had some friends over, but the Spain/Italy match didn't really hold our attention, and we decided to play Settlers of Catan instead of watching the whole match. Though I did manage to situate myself so that I could still see the screen. I was banker, so in the midst of watching I'd hand out cards and try to remember what move I wanted to make next. Oh yeah, and I still managed to win. Look out Erik, I'm coming for you.

2 comments:

Tim said...

I legitimately feel that I am going to dominate you at Settlers the next time we get to play... my confidence is overflowing. ;)

Dan Passerelli said...

Tim,
You might want to consider doing a lesson next semester on that great American phrase 'Wishful Thinking'.