Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter

Somer and I went to get the last installment of the Harry Potter series last night. The local Waterstones opened at 12:01 AM, and we arrived at 11:45 to find a line of about 200 people. By the time midnight rolled around, there were 400 people in line. We waited about an hour, and finally we were ushered into the store by a wand toting clerk. In the meantime, we had witnessed a fight between rival youth gangs, chatted with the people in line around us, kept a band that had just played a show in a local venue from cutting in line in front of us, and endured countless claims of "Harry Potter dies" from drunken young adults. Interesting night, but by the time we got home, only Somer had it in her to read the first chapter, I ended up waiting until the next morning to crack open the book.

6 comments:

Beth Davidson said...

Mike and I went to Maine for a long weekend. We flew into Manchestr, NH. I just walked into one of the bookstores in the airport and picked up a copy of Harry Potter. It was so uneventful! And I got a free tote to carry it.

Beth Davidson

Rebecca said...

I wished I cared about HP, but I don't...:) Oh well. Sounded FUN!!

Tim said...

Harry Potter dies...



lolol, I had to do it. Potter mania is in full effect here too. I guess I should read the series...

Anonymous said...

i think you'll love it. i couldn't put it down and had to finish it at 3am this morning. before anyone could ruin it for me! :)

Jeff and Jodie said...

sounds fun, especially the taunting.

Anonymous said...

so. . . have you finished yet? curious to know what you guys thought. and have you looked at the jesus of suburbia yet? suuuuch a good book! :)