Monday, November 13, 2006

Arsenal

60,000: number of supporters chanting the name of Thierry Henry or Robin Van Persie, or screaming insults at Liverpool, or singing the praises of Arsene Wenger.
14: number of rows between us and the field.
3: number of goals Arsenal scored, compared to Liverpool's 0
2: number of hotdogs we ate
1: number of times I've been to see a football match here in England

Thanks to John for taking me, and for the pre- and post-match tea at his apartment. What a way to begin immersing myself in English culture.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy freakin' crap - I'm so jealous and insanely happy for you! :) Cool stuff.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you got to do this. That is awesome!! And what a game to see.... sheesh.

Anonymous said...

I'd punch you in the arm for rubbing it in, but the round trip ticket is a bit pricey this time of year... :P

One day Danny, we'll do one together...

Pat said...

I've heard the new stadium and pitch is amazing, and what a match to get to go to!
I'm sick with jealousy and not afraid to admit it!

ryan sutherland said...

sounds awesome dan. so glad you guys are there and getting settled.

btw...i've started a new blog where only i'll be posting. check it out when you get some time - http://18inchjourney.blogspot.com

Ryan S.

Aaron said...

Just like Green Street Hooligans, known as just Green Street in the UK.!!!
Hope ministry is going good for you.

Anonymous said...

I keep checking your blog and... and... and.
Jeremy