Tuesday, October 24, 2006

MySpace

So I finally did it. I didn't really want to. Maybe it's 'cuz I'm getting older and stuck in my ways, and I feel overwhelmed every time I go to it. But I have resisted joining MySpace. But now I have friends in the states as well as friends here who use it to keep in touch.
So today I joined MySpace. I promptly discovered that although Tim and I have known each other for 20 years, I am not his friend. At least not according to MySpace. I also learned that I only have one friend, and his name is Tom. I visited Tom's page to learn about my only friend. My only friend Tom has 122 million other friends. Now I'm really jealous of my only friend Tom. I think I don't want to be Tom's friend anymore as he makes me feel inadequate with his 122 million friends. So even though I've known him for 20 years, I'm going to invite Tim to be my friend. If he wants to be my friend, maybe he'll replace Tom as my only friend. Tim only has 46 friends...I'm not too jealous of him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear goodness I nearly choked on my fruit salad I was eating while reading that.

welcome to the myspace family danny, the only way out is in a pine box... sounds very 'mobsterish' doesn't it? maybe a bit too harsh? lol

ryan sutherland said...

So when are you going to send out a bunch of invites? Sounds like you need some friends.

Thanks for the frequent blogs to keep us up with you!

Dan Passerelli said...

rs: well, I would send out a bunch of invites if I could figure out who to invite. I don't know which of my friends are on myspace, and as of yet I can't figure out how to find anyone on myspace. For example, can't find you for the life of me.

Anonymous said...

AW MAN! I just deleted my account! It was taking up way too much of my time...but I told everyone I'd be back on again once I settled into my flat in London. :)

Oh, and I had over 300 friends...so start "requesting"! :)