Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The gospel in the emerging world

So went the title of the missions conference at River's Edge this past weekend. I had lots of fun showing how the culture emerging in the West looks very different from what came before. Used clips from Star Trek, Seinfeld, and a song from Pedro the Lion to stir people's thoughts about how their assumptions about the world might not match up with the assumptions that are becoming prevalent in my generation.
In one memorable moment, I had compared George Bush to Captain Kirk, intending to show why he was so disliked, but several people thought I was trying to compliment to Bush.

Sunday morning was great - I was exhausted, and yet seemed to have lots of energy for the sermon. I think the Holy Spirit showed up. Focused mostly on God's love showered upon "the wrong people".
Thanks River's Edge - I love being with you guys and look forward to being back there in a couple weeks to worship with you again.

No comments: