Friday, February 24, 2006

I'm a Mall Walker

Yes, it's true. I have entered the world of suburban soccer moms and retirees. Somer and I have been in desperate need of exercise recently, and we've found that walking at the mall before it opens is a great way to start our day together. Somer helps me plan my day while we avoid the hazards of double strollers and slow old people. After our first day of mall walking, we discovered the mall walker's code demands that everyone walk in a counter-clockwise direction (it took a few dirty looks from otherwise pleasant looking grandmothers to clue us in as we walked counter-flow).
The best part is that it's warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and filled with stuff that we don't need but want to buy anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! How wonderful that you get to begin your day together while getting exercise.

Anonymous said...

Mall walking.......all I can do is laugh....
lol
hehe
hahaha
you two are younger than Jen and I are! The next thing you know, you'll be watching the "Price is Right", drinking metamusil and driving 20 mph under the speed limit