Sunday, September 11, 2005

Uncle Stockton's Tomato Gravy


When I was a kid my family used to spend a couple weeks at the beach with my grandparents and cousins. My uncle used to make this stuff he called "tomato gravy". We've had lots of tomatos from our plants (including this giant weighing in at 1 pound 2 ounces), and I needed something to do with all the tomatoes. So I decided to try my hand at my uncle's recipe. To my surprise, it turned out exactly as I had remembered it. Really brought back the memories from childhood. It's amazing how taste can do that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad and I both got quite a chuckle from this post. So glad you were able to reproduce the tomato gravy. Isn't it interesting how smells and tastes evoke memories. We did have some great times, didn't we!
Love,
Mom