Tuesday, September 06, 2005

People to see

Tomorrow is Divi day at London City Mission. This means we all get together for a morning of singing, prayer, and listening to preaching. I usually dread the day - sorry guys, but it's pretty boring. I found out that it used to be pay-day in the mission, back in the days when missionaries were paid in cash.
But tomorrow I'm looking forward to; because I have people to see:
Norman - the finance guy at LCM, also in charge of their properties. I want to find out if there are other trusts in London that own houses like the one we're living in, who might be interested in housing a church-planter or two from the USA. It's a long shot, I know, but if they exist, Norman will know about them. Plus, he'll probably have a great story to share.
Terry - He's one of the ministry directors. I'd like to get together and just get to know him a bit.
Henk - Runs Café Forever and is one of the elders at City of Peace church on the Isle of Dogs. This guy knows his part of London. I want to spend an afternoon with him, just walking around Tower Hamlets and listening to Henk describe what he sees.

So that's my divi day - it's about the relationships. Oh yeah, and then the Passerelli women meet me and we go to lunch!

No comments: